Limerick Pilgrim Walk
The people of Limerick will be offered a unique opportunity to prepare for the International Eucharistic Congress coming up next month. There will be a Congress Pilgrim walk around the city of Limerick from June 1st to June 10th. This walk is been called a Novena of Churches. The idea of visiting a succession of Churches comes from the old Roman custom of visiting seven Churches during Lent around the city Rome and praying in each one as part of a Pilgrim Walk. The organisers of this Pilgrim Walk have chosen nine Churches as there are now nine churches in the inner city of Limerick.
- the Redemptorist Church of Mount St Alphonsus,
- St Joseph’s O’Connell Ave,
- The Dominician Church of St Saviour’s, Glentworth St, ,
- The Augustines, O’Connell St ,
- St Michael’s, Denmark Street,
- St Mary’s, Athlunkard St.
- St Patrick’s Dublin Road,
- Our Lady Queen of Peace, Janesboro
- St John’s Cathedral.
Those who would still like to get a ticket for either the Opening or Closing ceremony can do so, at participating CENTRA shops. A max of 2 tickets per person, for the top tiers of the Stadium are available. (€10 per ticket)